Supported by
Society of Chief Officers of Trading Standards in Scotland
Trusted Trader

Trusted Trader Consumer Advice

Consumer advice from Trading Standards, Citizens Advice Scotland, and relevant partners.

1. Reporting Traders to Trading Standards

Car repairs and garage advice
Unless the trader is a vetted Trusted Trader Scheme member, you will need to report the problem via, who will forward your information to the relevant Trading Standards department. Follow this link to see details. read more

2. Car repairs and garage advice

Car repairs and garage advice
This page tells you what you can do if you think a garage has charged unfairly for a repair or service. Giving you an unrealistic estimate for work or carrying out work that you didn't ask for or which is unnecessary could be examples of an unfair commercial practice. read more

3. About the Gas Safe Register

the Gas Safe Register
The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances.

By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. read more