Reporting Traders to Trading Standards | Trusted Trader
Supported by
Society of Chief Officers of Trading Standards in Scotland
Trusted Trader

Reporting Traders to Trading Standards

Unless the trader is a vetted Trusted Trader Scheme member, you will need to report the problem via Citizens Advice, who will forward your information to the relevant Trading Standards department.

Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 03454 04 05 06

Report a trader online: Citizens Advice complaint form

If the business is a Trading Standards Trusted Trader

  • If they are a member of an official Trusted Trader Scheme, then follow the relevant complaints process
  • If you are unsure, then use the search bar below to see if they are listed. You can enter a trade such as "builders" or try part or all of the company name.

Citizens Advice consumer helpline

Citizens Advice operate a consumer helpline that will;
  • help you with practical and impartial advice
  • tell you the law which applies to your situation
  • pass information about any complaints on to Trading Standards.
You can learn more about the Citizens Advice consumer helpline by going to their webpage: consumer helpline.

You can also file a trader complaint online. Follow the complaint form link and follow the online instructions.