Reporting Traders to Trading Standards
Unless the trader is a vetted Trusted Trader Scheme member, you will need to report the problem via Citizens Advice, who will forward your information to the relevant Trading Standards department.
Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 03454 04 05 06
Report a trader online: Citizens Advice complaint form
If the business is a Trading Standards Trusted Trader
- If they are a member of an official Trusted Trader Scheme, then follow the relevant complaints process
- If you are unsure, then use the search bar below to see if they are listed. You can enter a trade such as "builders" or try part or all of the company name.
Citizens Advice consumer helpline
Citizens Advice operate a consumer helpline that will;
- help you with practical and impartial advice
- tell you the law which applies to your situation
- pass information about any complaints on to Trading Standards.
You can also file a trader complaint online. Follow the complaint form link and follow the online instructions.