Police Scotland Van Security
Police Scotland have received reports of theft of tools from vans. You may wish to consider the following Crime Prevention advice:
- Avoid parking in dark, secluded areas, choose locations that are well lit and overlooked by houses, passers-by and covered by CCTV if possible.
- Consider replacing or installing additional locks, e.g. slam and dead locks, designed to withstand attack by tools such as grinders and lock picks.
- Similarly, loom guards and door keepers can help protect against door peeling.
- Keep a record of tool serial numbers and consider forensic asset marking or etching kits, which may help identification of any recovered items.
- Small stand-alone motion sensitive cameras can be easily fitted into the cab or load area and linked directly to a mobile phone.
- Fit a secure van vault in the rear for expensive power tools. They come in a range of different sizes and can be bolted to the vehicle cargo floor.
Please visit the following website for further information:
Police Scotland recommends using security products accredited by the following: