Trusted Trader COVID-19 Support and GuidanceUpdated: 16 July 2021
As of Monday 19 July, Scotland will move to Covid level 0. Learn more at www.gov.scot/news
For the latest information about the lockdown restrictions, always refer to www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19
Guidance and Support1. Tradespeople providing services in other peoples homes - COVID levels 0 - 3
2. Requirements for Trusted Traders returning to work
3. Useful resources for businesses
4. Coronavirus Scottish official information
- For areas that are designated between levels 0 - 3, work carried out in people’s homes can continue, as long as Physical Distancing Guidance is followed and importantly, provided the tradesperson is well and is not showing coronavirus symptoms and neither they nor any of their household are self–isolating
- For a full breakdown of work in other peoples home guidance, follow this link:
gov.scot - Work in other peoples homes FAQ
When working in someone’s house tradespeople should stay 2 metres apart from the people who live there, wear a face covering and follow good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Social distancing restrictions need to be observed between traders and customers, with relevant PPE as appropriate
- No sharing vehicles with colleagues if possible, no working in close proximity to others on a busy site, including homeowners, tenants or other residents
- No work should be carried out in any household where an individual is being shielded, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs, and where the tradesperson is willing to do so
- Office staff should be kept to a minimum with home working preferable and social distancing essential
- No work should be carried out by a tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- Ensure all staff are educated about hygiene within working areas. Wipe down surfaces, equipment, regular hand washing. Remove all rubbish or waste
- Be patient with customers, as customers need to be with traders. Some activities may take longer than usual, and levels of anxiety are higher than normal
- Employers have a duty of care to their workforce and customers. Please ensure any traders being asked to work in people's houses are comfortable doing this, educated to the risks and requirements, and showing no symptoms.
CICV Forum download area as more are regularly added. Recommended are:
- Restart signage pack
- Returning from furlough guidance
- Practical health and safety advice about a safe return and restart
- NHS Inform - For the latest NHS advice about Coronavirus in Scotland.
- www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/ - Latest official guidance from the Scottish Government.
- coronavirusadvice.scot - Advice.scot has put together a Coronavirus Knowledge Centre, with advice around employment, financial, housing support and a list of useful contacts.
- findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/coronavirus-advice - Scottish Government dedicated business support page.
This advice is provided as an interpretation of the guidance set down by the Scottish Government. This page will be updated as the situation continues to evolve, or more clarification is required.
If you need to contact us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Admin Team on 0333 444 7015.