- Scotland Trusted Trader is a website operated by Trusted Directory Services Ltd (TDS). This website hosts a number of official Council operated Trusted Trader schemes.
- TDS will never share your e-mail address or any personal details with any third party. Member listings placed on this site display only information that is mutually agreed to be available in the public domain.
- Any personal contact data is held in strict confidence and in full compliance of the Data Protection Act. TDS data protection registration number: ZA081479.
- TDS deliberately hides member e-mail addresses by placing it behind a contact form in order to avoid internet spam. This is caused by rogue programs called web robots and spiders that actively and continually search the internet looking for e-mail addresses. We cannot be held responsible and strongly advise against any member who chooses to manually add and display their e-mail address in the open on their business listing.
- For anybody leaving a trader review on this website, TDS will need to capture your name, email contact details and telephone number to ensure review verification. With the exception of your name which you can choose to hide or disclose, no personal details will be published or passed to any third party without your express permission. But published review content may be republished by the reviewed trader or other official sources as agreed by TDS.
- Any cookies used on TDS are 100% anonymous and do not collect any personal information, or information that can be used to identify an individual. We utilise first party cookies (originating from us, such as session IDs) and third party cookies (originating from partners such as Google and Facebook).
- If you would like more information about third party cookies and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, then please visit this Google link.
- If you want to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, then you can install a browser add-on which will block any Google Analytic traffic from any website: Google Analytics opt-out.
- We are unable to offer a cookie-free version of our website, as this will affect the functionality and experience of your visit. If you do not want to receive any cookies, then the only option we can offer is not to use our website. To remove any cookies we may have already placed, empty the cookie cache on your browser by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete simultaneously and following the instructions. If this does not work, please consult your browser's help file.
- For people signing up as a Trusted Trader member, TDS may use your e-mail address to share occasional scheme news or important information relating to TDS or Trusted Trader.
- You may inform us at any time that you do not want to receive any correspondence from TDS by selecting the un-subscribe link in any non-system e-mail, or you can contact us and request no further communications. You will still receive system generated e-mails that will enable the correct function of your business listing, such as password retrieval, validation etc.
- TDS strives to be a family-friendly website, but children under 13 years of age are required to have permission from their parent or legal guardian before disclosing any information on this website.
- TDS or any other participating Council Trusted Trader scheme are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your personal information.