Membership milestones for Edinburgh Trusted TraderNews: Monday 02 March 2020
Edinburgh Trusted Trader was set up to provide a "go to" list of Trading Standards vetted reputable businesses that could be promoted to local residents. From the original 36 applicants, most of whom are still on the website, the Edinburgh scheme has expanded to 200+ members with an expectation this will soon reach 250.
In the last 12 months;
- the Edinburgh Trusted Trader website has directly received over 6,300 trader work requests
- 94.3% of scheme members renewed their membership with the biggest reason for those that left being retirement
- the South Queensferry based Trusted Trader helpline has helped hundreds of residents find a suitable trader
- 23% of new applications failed to meet the stringent vetting requirements
- three members were removed from the scheme after failing to abide by the scheme's Code of Practice.
"To reach 200 vetted members of the Edinburgh Trusted Trader scheme is a great achievement for the City of Edinburgh Council and for local residents in our first 5 years of operation. It gives residents a huge choice of fantastic trades people, from gardeners to plumbers and electricians to builders.
We are proud to shine a light on some of the hardworking and most reputable businesses that support and serve our residents, and look forward to the scheme growing in size and helping more residents in the years to come."
Regulatory Operations Manager,
Trading Standards and Enforcement, City of Edinburgh Council
If you have at least six months clean trading history and think becoming an Edinburgh Trusted Trader would be a good fit for your business, then get in touch with us.
Or if you are looking for a reputable Trading Standards vetted business, then visit Edinburgh Trusted Trader or call our Trusted Trader helpline on 0131 513 9921 or 0333 444 7016.