East Lothian Trusted Trader
The East Lothian Trusted Trader Scheme is a joint Council and Trading Standards initiative to help consumers find reputable and reliable local businesses.
Alex Connell, Principal Trading Standards Officer, talks about the Trusted Trader Scheme.
All Trusted Traders have agreed to trade fairly and sign-up to a Code of Practice.
The Code covers:
- transparent procedures for quoting and carrying out work
- only charging a fair and reasonable price
- ensuring staff are adequately trained
- dealing with complaints promptly
- the dispute resolution process.
Help support the scheme by reviewing any Trusted Traders you have used.
If you would like to become an East Lothian Trusted Trader and have a minimum of six months trading clean history, then fill in the online application form.